This is one of our favorite salads—tart tomatoes, tangy buttermilk dressing, and plenty of cornbread for sopping up all the summer flavor.
Christy Jordan's Green Tomato and Cornbread Salad
Write a review
- 4 cups cubed cornbread
- 2 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread, tomatoes, bell pepper, and cucumber. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cornbread mixture; gently toss. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- For extra flavor and crunch, try toasting the cornbread cubes in a large skillet before adding to the salad.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/