You’ll love how moist the shredded zucchini makes this yummy quick bread.
Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 (9X5-inch) loaf
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- ⅔ cup whole buttermilk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, pecans, and salt. Add 3 tablespoons melted butter and whisk until crumbly, adding remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, if necessary.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. Stir in zucchini and chocolate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, ⅓ cup melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.