This curry-style coconut soup is ready in about 30 minutes, making it perfect for feeding holiday guests on the fly!
Chicken-Coconut Soup with Sweet Potato
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, such as Thai Kitchen
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.66-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Garnish: sliced green onion, cilantro leaves
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, approximately 8 minutes. Stir in sweet potato and curry paste; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, coconut milk, lime juice, and chicken. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook until sweet potato is tender, approximately 20 minutes. Add peas and salt. Simmer 5 minutes more. Garnish with green onion and cilantro, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/