This Easy Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya is a great make-ahead dish. Assemble the night before, and refrigerate overnight. Bake and serve the next day.
Easy Chicken and Andouille jambalaya
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1½ cups sliced andouille sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned. Remove sausage using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; add cooked rice, chicken, okra, broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire, hot sauce, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, and reserved sausage, stirring to combine.
- Cover, and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and green onion, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/
Find more great recipes like this one in Taste of the South’s March/April 2017 issue!