Inspired by an old-fashioned soda fountain favorite, this creamy Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie tastes as good as it looks.
Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie
Yield: 1 (9 inch) pie
Write a review
- 1⁄2 (5-ounce) package sugar ice cream cones (about 8 cones)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (3-ounce) package black cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice (from jar)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Garnish: whipped topping, maraschino cherries, lime slices
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse cones until coarsely ground. Add melted butter, pulsing to combine. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together gelatin and 1 cup boiling water until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cherry juice; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime zest and juice and condensed milk; stir into cherry mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped topping, cherries, and limes just before serving.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/