Add this super simple Cajun creation to your weeknight dinner rotation.
Cheesy Cajun Pasta Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 (10-ounce) package andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (32-ounce) container low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pork and sausage; cook until browned, about 15 minutes. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and Dijon mustard; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and 2 cups water; bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in sour cream and 2 cups cheese.
- Spread pasta mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake until bubbly and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
*We used Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning.