Starting your day with these rich and hearty muffins is like eating carrot cake for breakfast!
Yield: approximately 2 dozen muffins
Write a review
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, grated, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add carrot, apple, pineapple, and oats, stirring until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into fruit mixture, stirring to combine. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire racks.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/