What could be better than combining two of our favorite sweet treats? You can find this Candy Bar Pie recipe in our special issue Southern Pies & Icebox Desserts.
Candy Bar Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 3 (2.1-ounce) chocolate-covered crispy peanut butter candy bars*
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (7-ounce) jars marshmallow crème*
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup toffee bits
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, chopped Butterfinger bars, chopped Heath bars
- *We used Butterfinger and Kraft.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse candy bars into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, stir together candy bar crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together marshmallow crème, peanut butter, and toffee bits until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream and corn syrup until hot, about 30 seconds. Stir chocolate into hot cream mixture until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow filling, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour or up to 3 days. Garnish with whipped cream and chopped candy bars, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/