You can’t beat an all-in-one meal as tasty as this Cabbage Stir-Fry.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili crunch
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (93/7) or ground chicken
- 8 cups cored, ¼-inch-sliced green cabbage
- ¾ cup 3x¼-inch sliced carrot
- ⅓ cup green onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Garnish: chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili crunch, dark sesame oil, brown sugar, lime juice, and ginger until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef mixture to a large bowl. Add half of soy sauce mixture, tossing to coat.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of cabbage and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining cabbage and 1 tablespoon oil. Add cabbage mixture to beef mixture.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot, green onion, broccoli, and sugar snap peas, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add to beef mixture. Add remaining soy sauce mixture, stirring to coat. Serve warm with lime wedges. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.