Butterbean and Corn Salad
Write a review
- 1 pound shelled fresh butterbeans
- 21⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from about 5 large ears)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: cooked bacon slices, fresh thyme
- In a large saucepan, fill with water to halfway full. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add butterbeans; cook 1 minute. Place in a colander. Rinse under cold running water; drain well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butterbeans, corn, onion, thyme, and pimientos. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, canola oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over corn mixture, stirring to combine. Let stand at least 10 minutes, or cover, and refrigerate up to 2 days. Garnish with bacon and thyme, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/