Bourbon Bundt Cake
Write a review
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, such as Pillsbury
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Garnish: toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- For cake: In a large bowl, combine cake mix, ⅔ cup water, bourbon, oil, and eggs. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened, approximately 1 minute. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, approximately 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- For glaze: In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, and salt. In a small saucepan, bring butter and bourbon to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour hot butter mixture over confectioners’ sugar mixture, whisking until smooth. Let cool 2 minutes. Place cake on a cake plate. Drizzle glaze over cake. Garnish with pecans, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/