These ultra-tender drop biscuits are easy to stir together, and perfect for any weekend brunch.
Blueberry Sour Cream Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For biscuits: In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, and zest. Using two forks or a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in blueberries, sour cream, and buttermilk until dough comes together. Drop dough 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- For glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle glaze over warm biscuits.
*We used White Lily.