Swirls of delicious blackberry jam give this easy-to-make skillet bread just the right amount of sweetness.
Blackberry-Peach Skillet Bread
Yields: 1 (10-Inch) Loaf
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (13-ounce) jar peach preserves
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup blackberry jam
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cardamom, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together peach preserves, melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add preserves mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared skillet. Spoon blackberry jam over batter. Using the tip of a knife, gently swirl jam into batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over hot bread. Let cool completely before slicing.