Effortlessly feed a crowd with this large crisp-crusted, barbecue-packed pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bag deli pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, drained
- Garnish: chopped fresh oregano, barbecue sauce
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18x13-inch rectangle; transfer to prepared pan, pressing into sides.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, cream, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper; spread in an even layer onto dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with 1½ cups mozzarella.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken and barbecue sauce until coated. Sprinkle chicken, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño on top of cheese; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with oregano and barbecue sauce, if desired.