A tangy mustard sauce and a cane syrup glaze adds complexity to these sweet and salty bite-size morsels.
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Sauce
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 12 large Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cane syrup
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- Mustard Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Fold each piece of bacon in half lengthwise. Wrap one bacon piece around each Brussels sprouts half, securing with a wooden pick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place half of Brussels sprouts, flat side down, in skillet. Cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Place on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining Brussels sprouts. Bake until tender, about 18 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cane syrup and vinegar; lightly brush over Brussels sprouts. Serve warm with Mustard Sauce.
Yields: 1 Cup
- ½ cup stone-ground mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use or for up to 1 week.