We didn’t know peanut butter, bacon, and chocolate were a trio sent from heaven until we created these cookies.
Bacon Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup bacon drippings, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, bacon drippings, and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, beating until combined. Add egg, beating well.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Reserve ¼ cup bacon. Stir remaining bacon into batter.
- Using a 1½-inch scoop, scoop dough, and place 2 inches apart on large rimmed baking sheets. Dip a fork in water, and gently press tines into surface of dough, making a crosshatch design.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate on high in 15-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate, and place on wire racks. Sprinkle with reserved ¼ cup bacon.