Zucchini with Bacon
Yields: Makes about 6 servings
- 4 small-to-medium zucchini (about 1¼ pounds)
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter in half crosswise.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain onto paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Add zucchini to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice, and sprinkle with bacon.