This dish with a spicy kick is perfect as a side to grilled chicken, or cradled in a tortilla for delicious veggie tacos.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch-wide sticks
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups fresh yellow corn kernels
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in corn, pecans, garlic, cold butter, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; cook until butter is melted and vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil just before serving. Garnish with basil, if desired.