Drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt, this Whipped Cream Pie makes a blissful dessert.
Whipped Cream Pie with Salted Caramel
Yields: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1⁄4-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: prepared caramel sauce (such as Smucker’s), flaked sea salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and 2 tablespoons cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave 1⁄2 cup cream 45 seconds; pour over gelatin, whisking until gelatin dissolves. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 21⁄2 cups cream, brown sugar, and vanilla just until fluffy. Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until medium peaks form. Spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate overnight. Drizzle with caramel, and sprinkle with salt just before serving.