You’ll want to whip up this refreshing, fluffy, and oh-so-sweet icebox pie every chance you get.
Makes 1 (9-Inch) Pie
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (3-ounce) package watermelon gelatin*
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 2¾ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 drops red food coloring
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: fresh watermelon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cracker crumbs, melted butter, granulated sugar, ginger, and salt. Press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place gelatin; pour ⅔ cup boiling water over gelatin, whisking until dissolved. Let stand at room temperature until cool and begins to slightly thicken (about the consistency of egg white), stirring with a rubber spatula occasionally. Add 1¼ cups cold cream, lime juice, and food coloring. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate until chilled and set, about 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining 1½ cups cold cream and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread onto pie, leaving a 1-inch border. Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
*We used Jolly Rancher Watermelon Gelatin.