Watermelon Lemonade is our new favorite summer sipper.
Yields: 2 quarts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1⁄2 small seedless watermelon, cut into wedges
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: watermelon wedges, lemon slices
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1⁄2 cup water to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; let cool completely.
- In the container of a blender, place half of cubed watermelon; process until smooth. Press juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, discarding solids. Repeat procedure with remaining cubed watermelon, reserving 6 cups juice.
- In a large pitcher, place watermelon wedges and lemon slices. Add sugar mixture, reserved watermelon juice, and lemon juice; stir gently. Serve over ice. Garnish with watermelon wedges and lemon slices, if desired.