Watermelon-Cantaloupe Ice Pops
Write a review
- 3 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, divided
- 3 cups seeded and diced cantaloupe
- In the container of a blender, combine watermelon, ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon corn syrup. Blend on high speed until completely smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids, and set watermelon liquid aside. Repeat blending and straining procedure with cantaloupe, remaining ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon corn syrup.
- Fill 10 (3-ounce) plastic ice pop molds halfway with cantaloupe mixture. Freeze until firm, approximately 1 hour. Fill molds with watermelon mixture, and freeze until solid, approximately 4 hours.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/