With only 3 ingredients, these Warm Chocolate Lava Cakes are too good to be true.
Warm Chocolate Lava Cakes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (18.3-ounce) package fudge brownie mix, such as Betty Crocker
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and cream. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring in between each interval. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a cast-iron mini cake pan or muffin pan in oven to preheat.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Carefully remove pan from oven; spray with nonstick baking spray with flour. Fill wells halfway full with batter. Place 1 teaspoon chilled chocolate mixture in center of each batter-filled well; top evenly with remaining batter.
- Bake until set, approximately 16 minutes. Let cakes cool in pan 2 minutes. Carefully invert cakes onto a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/