You’ll be glad you have a batch of these Walnut Streusel Cranberry Sauce Muffins on hand all holiday season long.
Walnut Streusel Cranberry Sauce Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with tulip paper liners.
- For streusel: In a large bowl, stir together walnuts, brown sugar, flour, oats, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until butter is in pea-size pieces. Freeze for 10 minutes or until ready to use.
- For muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Gradually, add sugar mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in cranberry sauce until just combined. Divide batter among prepared liners. Top batter with streusel mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
KITCHEN TIP-A jumbo-size muffin tin can be used. Omit tulip paper liners.