Lemony and luscious, this simple pie shines on the dessert table.
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- All-Butter Pie Dough
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ cup whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place oven rack in bottom third of oven.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll All-Butter Pie Dough into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, pressing into bottom and up sides. Trim excess dough to ½ inch beyond edge of pan, if necessary. Fold edges under and crimp as desired. Lightly prick bottom of piecrust with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Top dough with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of pan. Add pie weights or dried beans or rice.
- Bake until edges are just dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove paper and pie weights. Bake until bottom is dry and set, 5 to 10 minutes more. (Piecrust may puff up some, but this is normal.) Let cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in eggs, melted butter, and extracts until well combined. Slowly add milk, whisking until just combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are set and puffed but center still has a slight jiggle, 55 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center will register 200°. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature or chilled.