There’s only one way to describe this turtle fudge: chocolate caramel pecan heaven.
Turtle Fudge Recipe
Yield: Approximately 3 Dozen Pieces
Write a review
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter-flavored all-vegetable shortening
- 8 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème, such as Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 28 chocolate-covered caramel candies, cut in half, such as Rolos
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting ends of foil extend over edges of pan approximately 2 inches. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, and shortening. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234°, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chocolates, marshmallow crème, vanilla, and 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, stirring until smooth. Fold in candies. Spread in prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Top with pecans and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Let cool completely.
- Lift edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into small squares. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/