- 2 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 25 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker with parchment paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chopped chocolate and butter. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add sugar, whisking to combine. Whisk in eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until moistened. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until edges are set, 2½ to 3 hours.
- Transfer slow cooker insert to a wire rack. Sprinkle with ¾ cup chocolate morsels and ¾ cup pecans.
- In a small saucepan, cook caramels, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt over medium-high heat. Stir until caramels are melted. Drizzle over brownies, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup chocolate morsels and remaining ¼ cup pecans. Let cool completely. Using parchment as handles, remove from slow cooker, and cut as desired.