Serve this easy-to-make trifle any time you need a showstopping treat.
Turtle Brownie Trifle
Makes 1 (4-quart) trifle
- 2 (18.3-ounce) boxes brownie mix*
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup prepared caramel topping, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line with parchment, letting excess extend over sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brownie mix, eggs, ½ cup water, and oil. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake until top starts to crack and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Using excess parchment as handles, remove brownies from pan. Using a serrated knife, trim ¼ inch off edges. Crumble and reserve brownie edges for topping. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes.
- Spoon 1 container whipped topping into a pastry bag.
- In a trifle dish, arrange one-third of brownies around edges inside dish and fill center of dish with about 3 brownies. Pipe half of whipped topping over brownies. Top with ¼ cup pecans and drizzle with ¼ cup caramel. Repeat for second layer.
- Arrange remaining brownies and half of reserved brownie edges over second layer of trifle. Spoon remaining container whipped topping over brownie layer. Top with ½ cup pecans, remaining brownie edges, and remaining ½ cup caramel. Serve immediately.
*We used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix.