Change up your weeknight routine with this easy turkey casserole.
Turkey and Sausage Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (10.8-ounce) package thawed frozen broccoli florets, drained and large pieces halved
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add butter to reserved drippings in pan; cook over medium heat until melted. Add flour; cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and salt. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- Fold in turkey, broccoli, rice, and sausage. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.