After cooking a big holiday meal, an easy skillet dish like this will be welcome.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound red potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped roasted turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Garnish: ground black pepper, chopped fresh sage
- In a large enamel-coated cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels.
- To same skillet, add potatoes and onion; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add bell pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, cooked bacon, sage, and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve warm. Garnish with black pepper and sage, if desired.