Full of the fresh berries of the season, this warm and delicious triple berry cobbler is even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Triple Berry Cobbler
Makes 5 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 1 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Spoon berry mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk until dough comes together.
- Bake fruit mixture for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and using a 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough over fruit. Sprinkle with coarse sugar; bake until tops of biscuits are golden brown and fruit is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/