We’ve been told the bacon jam on this burger is so delicious it should be illegal. You be the judge.
Triple Bacon Burgers
Yields: 4 servings
- ½ pound ground sirloin
- ½ pound bacon, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 toasted bakery hamburger buns
- Bacon Peach Jam (recipe follows)
- Butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- In a large bowl, stir together sirloin, chopped bacon, salt, and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 portions, and shape each portion into a patty.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook bacon slices over medium heat. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Heat drippings over medium-high heat. Add patties; cover and cook, turning once, until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 170°, 5 to
- minutes per side. Serve patties on toasted hamburger buns with Bacon Peach Jam, bacon slices, and lettuce.
During the last 2 minutes of cooking burgers, add sliced Cheddar cheese to these patties, if desired.
Bacon Peach Jam
Yields: About 3 cups
- 1½ pounds thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add peaches, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, bourbon, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in bacon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until peaches break down, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.