Gather the family around before you pull this traditional dutch baby out of the oven; you’ll want to share it in all of its puffed glory.
Traditional Dutch Baby
Makes 3 servings
Write a review
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, and salt for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Add butter to skillet; let melt. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/