Whip up this tasty, all-in-one, satisfying Tortilla Chicken Pie for supper tonight!
Tortilla Chicken Pie
Makes 1 (10-inch) pie
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (16-ounce) jar mild tomatillo salsa
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, plus additional to serve
- Corn Pico de Gallo (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, corn, onion, and jalapeño. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Lay 4 tortillas in the prepared dish, overlapping as needed. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas. Top with half of tomatillo salsa, about ¾ cup, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 tortillas and remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Cover with lightly greased foil.
- Bake until pie is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with Corn Pico de Gallo. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and cheese, if desired.
Corn Pico de Gallo
Makes about 1½ cups
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, toss together corn, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño. Add lime juice, salt, cilantro, and cumin. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.