This old-fashioned favorite will be a welcome addition to your menu all season long.
Tomato-Peach Shrimp Cocktail
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled fresh peaches
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce*
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 20 jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on (about 1 pound)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped fresh peaches, chopped cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together tomato, peaches, ketchup, chili sauce, onion, lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, horseradish, red pepper, and cilantro. Refrigerate while preparing shrimp.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 2 teaspoons salt and black pepper. Cook shrimp in batches until shrimp begin to curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 serving dishes. Arrange shrimp around edge of each dish. Garnish with cilantro, peaches, and tomatoes, if desired. Serve immediately.