With seasonal ingredients and beautiful colors, this is the perfect dip for fall gatherings. Do-ahead tip: if you want to make this dip ahead, add the 1 cup chopped pear just before serving.
Toasted Walnut, Fig, and Butternut Squash Dip
Yield: approximately 3 1/2 cups
Write a review
- 3 1⁄2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped butternut squash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon plus 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh pear
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried figs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place butternut squash and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, approximately 8 minutes. Drain; let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine squash, walnuts, pear, and figs. In a small bowl, whisk together honey,
- lemon juice, oil, red pepper, and remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon salt. Drizzle honey mixture over squash mixture, tossing to combine. Cover, and let stand for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours. Serve with salted, baked pita chips.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/