This cool and creamy Toasted Coconut Ice Cream is loaded with flavor.
Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
Yields: 2 quarts
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cream of coconut*
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted and divided
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, half-and-half, cream of coconut, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt. Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Stir in 1 cup toasted coconut. Transfer to an airtight container. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup coconut. Freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
*We used Coco Lopez.