A crunchy corn chip topping and creamy avocado drizzle take these eggs from good to great with our Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs.
Tex-Mex Deviled Eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeños
- ¼ cup crushed corn chips
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, chili powder
- In the container of a blender, combine avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Separate yolks from whites. Rinse egg whites and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mash egg yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, chili powder, cumin, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, stirring until smooth. Fold in jalapeños. Transfer mixture to a piping bag. Cut a ½-inch opening in piping bag. Evenly pipe egg yolk mixture into wells of egg whites.
- Cut a ⅛-inch opening in piping bag with avocado mixture. Drizzle evenly over eggs. Top evenly with crushed corn chips. Garnish with cilantro and chili powder, if desired.