Hot honey and crunchy Dill Pickle Slaw make these Sweet Tea–Brined Fried Chicken Sliders party perfect.
Sweet Tea–Brined Fried Chicken Sliders
Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk
- 1 cup Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate
- ¼ cup hot sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 potato slider buns, toasted, to serve
- Dill Pickle Slaw (recipe follows)
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate, 3 tablespoons hot sauce, 3 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil; top with a wire rack and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. Remove from heat, and stir in red pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Let hot honey cool to room temperature.
- In a shallow dish, place eggs.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk together cornflakes, flour, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 teaspoon paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1 teaspoon onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Remove chicken from sweet tea marinade, letting excess drain off; discard marinade. Dip chicken in egg mixture, letting excess drain off, and dredge chicken in cornflake mixture, pressing to adhere. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 170°, 30 to 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- To serve, place 1 piece chicken on bottom half of bun, drizzle with hot honey, top with Dill Pickle Slaw, and top with remaining bun half.
Dill Pickle Slaw
Makes about 2½ cups
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle brine
- 2 teaspoons Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup grated dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dill pickle brine, Lemony Sweet Tea Concentrate, mustard, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Fold in coleslaw mix, grated pickle, and dill. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.