With sweet potatoes whipped to perfection and a topping of delicately toasted marshmallows, this is the Thanksgiving casserole we’ve all been craving. This pie can also be made in a 9-inch pie plate. Recipe courtesy Jorden Cruley, Canyon Kitchen.
Sweet Potato Skillet Casserole
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2½ small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and butter with your hands until crumbly. Transfer flour mixture to a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, pressing into bottom and up sides. Set aside.
- For filling: In a medium saucepan, bring sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, and cinnamon to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; drain. Transfer potatoes to the container of a blender. Blend until smooth. Add cream cheese, blending to combine. With blender running, add eggs, one at a time, blending until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until center is set, about 20 minutes. Top with marshmallows, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/