Pecans and green onion add the perfect crunch to our Sweet Potato Salad, a favorite make-ahead side.
Sweet Potato Salad
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed red potato
- 2⁄3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- In a Dutch oven, add potatoes and water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain under cold running water. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, apple cider, olive oil, salt, and hot sauce. Add potatoes, pecans, and green onion; stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/