Mustard adds a wonderful tang to the vinaigrette, perfectly coating the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Salad with Brussels Sprouts
Yields: 8 servings
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 5 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a 17x12-inch rimmed baking sheet, combine sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and onion; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Spoon into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustard, parsley, sage, vinegar, paprika, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon over potato mixture; gently toss. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Serve warm or at room temperature.