It can be pizza time any night of the week with this easy deep-dish pie recipe.
Makes 1 (12- to 14-inch) pizza
- 1 (16-ounce) deli pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup crumbled cooked Italian sausage
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh oregano, crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place a large enamel-coated cast-iron skillet or braiser in the bottom third of oven to preheat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Fold dough over a rolling pin, and carefully place on a large piece of parchment paper. Brush dough with oil.
- Spread pizza sauce onto dough, leaving a ¼-inch border. Sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella. Top with sausage, onion, bell pepper, pepperoni, olives, Parmesan, and remaining ½ cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Using a small paddle or cutting board, carefully place pizza on parchment in preheated pan, letting excess parchment extend over sides of pan.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove pizza, and place on a cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano and red pepper, if desired.
To reheat leftover pizza, preheat broiler to high. Place pizza slices in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook until the bottoms become crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly, about 1 minute.