When it comes to craveable crunch, snack mixes deliver. We’ve packed our version full of wholesome ingredients and bold flavors for savory make-ahead nibble you can enjoy by the handful.
To make the kale chips for this superfoods snack mix: Remove tough ribs from one bunch of kale, and discard. Cut kale into bite-size pieces; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle lightly with salt and smoked paprika. Bake at 250° until crisp, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups toasted rice or wheat cereal, such as Chex
- 2 cups lightly crushed root vegetable chips, such as Terra
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1⁄4 cup roasted flax seed
- Kale Chips, lightly crushed (recipe above)
- Preheat oven to 250°. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together melted butter, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, paprika, and garlic salt until combined. Add cereal, chips, almonds, and flax seed, stirring well to combine. Spread mixture in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake until mixture is lightly toasted and dry, 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in Kale Chips. Let cool 15 minutes. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.