Filled with a garden full of fresh produce, this potato salad will be your go-to summer side.
Summer’s Bounty Potato Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound tricolor baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ½ cup mayonnaise*
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh yellow corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh chives
- In a large stockpot, bring potatoes, 1 tablespoon salt, and water to cover by 1 inch to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook until potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add green beans during remaining 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, chives, shallots, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Gently fold in potatoes, green beans, corn, and bell pepper until coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with parsley and chives, if desired.
*We used Duke’s Real Mayonnaise.