In the South, we love salads that also serve as dessert, and this vintage dish is as sweet as can be.
Summer Marshmallow Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, grapes, marshmallows, pecans, and coconut.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream and sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream. Add whipped cream mixture to berry mixture, gently stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Stir well before serving.