Substitute peaches or plums and your favorite berries in this fruit crisp recipe.
Summer Fruit Crisp
Yield: approximately 8 servings
Write a review
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups pitted sliced fresh nectarines (about 11⁄2 pounds)
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8 (8-ounce) shallow baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1⁄2 cup flour, graham cracker crumbs, oats, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine nectarines, raspberries, and vanilla. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour and sugar, stirring to combine. Divide fruit mixture evenly among prepared dishes. Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture. Place dishes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until bubbly and lightly browned, approximately 25 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/