Summer Fruit Crisp
Write a review
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup graham-cracker crumbs
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 dry pints blackberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Ice Cream of Choice
- Preheat oven to 400 Lightly coat a 4 (8-ounce) individual dishes with cooking spray; set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together ½ cup flour, graham-cracker crumbs, oats, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until large clumps form; set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine fruit and vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and cornstarch. Sprinkle sugar mixture over fruit and let sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Divide fruit among prepared dishes. Top with oat mixture, covering fruit.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes. Transfer from oven to a cooling rack; cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/