This Basil Butter is a great way to use up extra basil, and is also delicious on cornbread.
Summer Corn with Basil Butter
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ears corn, unhusked
- Kitchen string
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For butter: Stir together butter, basil, salt, and pepper.
- For corn: Fill a stockpot two-thirds full with water; add salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Peel husks down to within 1-inch from bottom of corn cobs, leaving husks intact; discard corn silk. Tie husks together with kitchen string. Place corn, husk end up, into boiling water. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain corn. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Serve with basil butter.