Start this delicious sugar cookie “twist” with our Basic Sugar Cookie Dough!
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Write a review
- Basic Sugar Cookie Dough (link to recipe at top of page)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup colored sanding sugar
- Prepare Basic Sugar Cookie Dough according to directions through Step 4. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Using a 1-inch spring-loaded ice cream scoop, scoop dough into mounds. Using your hands, roll each mound into a ball. Roll each ball into a 6-inch rope. Shape ropes into twists, pinching one end to connect. Place on prepared baking sheets. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat cookies with egg mixture. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake as directed in Step 6 until lightly browned, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Taste of the South https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/